The Well of Ascension  - Brandon Sanderson The Once and Future King - T.H. White Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire  - J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré The Cricket on the Hearth: A Fairy Tale of Home - Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens The Fiery Cross - Diana Gabaldon Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

I was hard pressed to finish these - time got away from me, as it seems to do every December. I didn't make it to Marmee and Louisa (November 2014, maybe?).

Books

The Well of Ascension - I didn't like this as much as Mistborn. It was worth the read, but seemed to drag on forever. And I hated the ending. Hated it. Still, I'm planning to read the next ones.

The Once and Future King - I'm not a fan of the Arthurian legend. Not sure why - maybe it was being force-fed the story in high school. Maybe it was because Arthur seemed to be too much of a Marty Stu (although I didn't know that term at the time). Maybe it was because Camelot seemed too good to be true. Anyway, I enjoyed The Sword in the Stone, but found the rest of the book grating.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - For the HP group read. For some reason, I thought I didn't like GoF that much, but I enjoyed it as much as the first three. Not sure why I thought I didn't like it. I really like how these books are getting darker and more complex as the characters are getting older.

A Christmas Carol - Delightful Dickens Christmas classic. I've seen several movies based on the story, and have listened to Tim Curry's audio book narration, but this is the first time I've actually read the book.

Audio Books

Split Second - Laughably bad! I remember liking it when I read it years ago, but I found the story deeply unsatisfying this time around. Caricatures rather than characters. A preposterous premise. And the narration, while good from a technical standpoint, was unnecessarily snide and sarcastic, which seemed to only highlight the flaws in the story.

A Christmas Carol - Listened to this Christmas Eve...it's becoming a holiday tradition. And yes, I read it and listened to it this year.

The Cricket on the Hearth - A cute story, one of Dickens' Christmas stories. Picked it up as an Audible freebie, narrated by Jim Dale. Excellent narration.

The Fiery Cross - Started this just after Christmas. Will finish it up in January.