Mistborn: The Final Empire  - Brandon Sanderson

November 9

Finished! I really enjoyed this - the characters were interesting and real, for the most part. I really liked Vin, and hope to see more of her in future books. I would have liked to have learned more about the other characters, but can't use how that could have been worked in. Not in this book, anyway.

Hard to believe this was over 500 pages - nothing dragged anywhere except the prologue, I thought, and that probably has more to do with me than with the writing or story.

i very much liked the Allomancy and Feruchemy - hope to learn more about the latter in future books. The rules of the two, and their similarities and differences, made the powers seem believable.

Very enjoyable story, and I plan to read the next couple in the series.

November 2

15% - I had my doubts about this. While I read SF, I don't read much fantasy. But I'm doing all sorts of new things with books this year, including talking about them, so why not? The blurb sounded pretty good, so I here I am.

The first chapter or two seemed slow, but I was reading in the evening this past week when I was pretty tired. In all fairness, I'd have probably nodded off no matter what I was reading. I wasn't excited about picking it up this morning, but it sucked me right in when I did!

Really enjoying this so far!